Forty-Sixth Lotus Flower - Egyptian Tile Lotus Flower

Egyptian Tile Lotus Flower - Samantha Rochard - 100 Lotus Flowers
During the time I was almost artistically unproductive, an Egyptian gentleman saw one of my Lotus Flowers and asked if I could design a tile. The above piece started out as being just a tile. I don't think his client was too pleased.

first draft
Nevertheless, it was a stepping stone to new ways of looking at the project. The design for the tile came from the Egyptian way of rendering the Lotus Flower.
used the flower in the top right corner.
Of course I took creative license with the shape a bit so that top and base will touch. After leaving it alone for months, I finally picked it back up and finished into the piece at the top of this post.

My thoughts as I was finishing?

Interaction from persons and events may simply happen to gently nudge you in a different direction. Never think that any event, occurrence, meeting, happening is a waste of time. It is simply a point in time. Many outcomes can develop from the experience of that one point in time. Flow..........

Comments